Sunday, March 20, 2011

Man Wanted, But Does He Exist?

Man wanted: A mere mortal who is able and agreeable, bright and bold, calm and clean, deft and delightful, enthusiastic and energetic, frugal and friendly, good and gregarious, hopeful and humble, insightful and inspired, jovial and just, keen and ok, loving and lovable, musical and mild, nice and neat, observant and obliged, pure and purposeful, quick and quiet, respectful and real, strong and smart, trustworthy and truthful, understanding and unshakeable, virtuous and victorious, wise and wonderful, yearning and zealous. Does such a person exist, except in my imagination? Or is each of us capable of such ideals, not just all at the same time?

4 comments:

  1. The best way to find him is to put yourself out there and be that person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you seeking that "perfect guy" and passing over the "normal guys" around you that may not meet every alphabetical requirement?

    Or are you longing for a basic friend? Any friend? A friend who truly understands and cares about you?

    Or do you want something more, something that you can't have in your current position and situation? Do you need to change something to make yourself more available? Or do you need to do nothing more than open your eyes and see all the friends you already have surrounding you?

    He's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my friend, he exists. The interesting thing is that he is probably yearning for you as you are for him. Have faith, have fun, be patient and some how, some way, your paths will cross at just the right moment...and your life will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beck: I love your rhetorical questions and although answers are not required, I want to try to reply.

    Are you seeking that "perfect guy" and passing over the "normal guys" around you that may not meet every alphabetical requirement?

    Good question. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I have many opportunities to meet men and women professionally and recreationally. I think I'm pretty even handed and am open to friendships with a wide variety of people. But since a lot of the people I interact are wearing wedding rings, as am I, that tends to keep things pretty low key.

    As to the other questions, I'll give them some thought, too.

    ReplyDelete