April Theme: The Rules
Old rules that should continue to die - "the bad"
- If you're gay, do all you can to hide it.
- If you can't be heterosexual, fake it until you make it.
- If you marry a woman, the gay will go a way.
- If you marry a woman and the gay doesn't go a way, then it's somebody's fault.
- You would be better off dead than gay.
- All touch is sexual, so don't touch anyone but your spouse.
- If you are suicidally depressed, get professional help.
- If you marry someone and have children, make them a high priority.
- Care for yourself so you'll be able to care for your loved ones.
- Not all touch is sexual. It is OK to touch others in appropriate ways.
- Married men, whether straight or gay, can benefit from a variety of male/male friendships.
- Marriage between a man and a woman is the heterosexual ideal, however marriage between persons of the same sex is appropriate for gay people.
- Same sex marriage is legal throughout the United States. This law is not only good for gays, it is good for society in general.